(A.M.C.S.) 01771 613 352 or 07944 706 724 Email:- info@a-m-c-s.co.uk

Gas Safety Check - Touring Caravan/Motorhome
  • Gas Supply and Appliances
    • Regulator performance and carry out leak test
    • Condition and date of flexible hose*
    • Condition and security of all pipe work
    • Condition of LPG sticker* on locker and security of gas bottles
    • Gas dispersal holes for obstructions
    • Fidge ignition, FFD and cooling - full fridge service extra*
    • Operation of cooker, hob and oven. Ignition, flame and FFD
    • Operation of space heater. ignition, flame, FFD and CO room test
    • Operation of water heater. Ignition, flame, FFD and heating
    • Operation and condition of external gas point

  • Fire and safety
    • Condition of smoke and carbon monoxide alarms
    • Condition, type and expiry date of fire extinguisher
    • Condition and location of fire blanket

* These parts are charged in ADDITION to basic Service Charge

I am now Gas Safe Registered

My registration number is below so you can click this link 


to check me out.

I have achieved the full Leisure Activity Vehicle (L.A.V.) qualification - not just the standard LPG and can therefore inspect and issue Landlord Certificates applicable to vehicles for hire.

I use a Kane 455 Gas Flue Analyser, which is calibrated annually,



Combustion Analysis

Carbon Monoxide Testing

some Pressure Testing, Let-By and Tightness Testing

Temperature Checks

Differential Temperature Tests


L.P.G., Propane and Butane

 Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

What ARE The Symptoms?

You can’t see it, taste it or smell it but it can kill quickly and with no warning.

Unsafe gas appliances produce a highly poisonous gas called carbon monoxide (CO). It can cause death as well as serious long term health problems such as brain damage.

Remember the six main symptoms to look out for:

1.     headaches

2.     dizziness 

3.     nausea 

4.     breathlessness 

5.     collapse 

6.     loss of consciousness 

Being aware of the symptoms could save your life.

Carbon monoxide symptoms are similar to flu, food poisoning, viral infections and simply tiredness. That’s why it’s quite common for people to mistake this very dangerous poisoning for something else.

Other signs that could point to carbon monoxide poisoning:

  • Your symptoms only occur when you are away in your vehicle and using gas (no for cooking though as a cooker has no flue and is therefore not "room sealed")

  • Your symptoms disappear or get better when you leave your vehicle and come back when you return 

  • Others in your vehicle are experiencing symptoms (including your pets) and they appear at a similar time 

What should I do if I experience any symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning?

  • Get fresh air immediately. Open doors and windows, turn off gas appliances and leave the vehicle

  • See your doctor immediately or go to hospital - let them know that you suspect carbon monoxide poisoning. They can do a blood or breath test to check 

  • If you think there is immediate danger, call the Gas Emergency Helpline 

  • Get a Gas Safe registered engineer to inspect your gas appliances and flues to see if there is a dangerous problem 

Don’t assume your gas appliances are safe: get a Gas Safe registered gas engineer to do a check. This is the only safe way to prevent yourself and those around you from incurring serious illness or death due to carbon monoxide exposure.

What is carbon monoxide?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a highly poisonous substance produced by the incomplete burning of gas and Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG).

This happens when a gas appliance has been incorrectly fitted, badly repaired or poorly maintained. It can also occur if flues, chimneys or vents are blocked.

Oil and solid fuels such as
 coal, wood and petrol can also produce carbon monoxide.

What is carbon monoxide poisoning?

Carbon monoxide poisoning occurs when you breathe in even small amounts of the gas.

When you breathe in carbon monoxide, it gets into your blood stream and prevents your red blood cells from carrying oxygen. Without oxygen, your body tissue and cells die.

Levels that do not kill can cause serious harm to health when breathed in over a long period of time. Long term effects of carbon monoxide poisoning include Paralysis and brain damage. Such long term effects occur because many people are unaware of unsafe gas appliances and subsequent gas leaks.

How do I avoid a carbon monoxide leak in my vehicle?

Your vehicle may show signs of carbon monoxide. Any one of the following could be a sign that there is carbon monoxide in your vehicle.

  • The flame on your cooker should be crisp and blue. Lazy yellow or orange flames mean you need to get your cooker checked

  • Dark staining around or on appliances 

  • Pilot lights that frequently blow out 

  • Increased condensation inside windows 

If you have a faulty appliance in your home, it could lead to carbon monoxide poisoning. Get your gas appliances checked to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning.

Why should I get a carbon monoxide alarm?

Because carbon monoxide has no taste, smell or colour. Gas Safe Register strongly recommends you fit an audible carbon monoxide alarm in your home.

While an alarm will alert you to carbon monoxide,, it is no substitute for having an annual gas safety check and regular servicing by a Gas Safe registered engineer.

A carbon monoxide alarm looks similar to a smoke alarm and is very easy to fit by following the manufacturer’s instructions. You can purchase a carbon monoxide alarm from £15 at your local DIY store, supermarket or from your energy supplier. You may also wish to consider an audible alarm that also has a digital display; this allows you to regularly monitor any level of CO is in your vehicle and pre-empt any dangerous levels by getting a check done.

Before purchasing a carbon monoxide alarm, always make sure it is marked to EN 50291. It should also have the British Standards' Kitemark or another European approval organisation's mark on it. Follow the alarm manufacturer’s instructions on siting, testing and replacing the alarm.

You are particularly at risk from carbon monoxide poisoning while sleeping, as you may not be aware of early carbon monoxide symptoms until it’s too late. Do not use the ‘black spot’ detectors that change colour when carbon monoxide is present. These will not make a sound to wake you up if the poisonous gas is present while you are sleeping.